Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ReNae is back! And I have a question...

Hi Bloggers!
I have been home for a few weeks now.  My surgery was a success and I am just counting the days until I can go out and dance!  Well, maybe not dance, but at  least go out.
I am still on "Toe touch weight bearing" only for now, so I am walking with a walker, but I go to St. Louis on Aug. 22 to see the surgeon.  He will surely let me walk on the leg by then...

I have a question for you all.  I have photos of the surgery, and some of them are quite scary to see if you are not used to viewing such photos.  Do you want to see the photos or do you not want to see them?  Most are quite mild, many are of friends who visited me while I was there, and some are of me in therapy, but there ARE some which show the staples.  To me it's not too hard, as I looked at it every day for two weeks.  And of course to see the before shots gives you a much better understanding of the after photos and how well the surgery went.
The photos are of my left leg, before surgery, after surgery and everything in between.  I do not have actual "surgery" photos, (like when the actual surgery took place--not those)  just what my leg looked like when I got to the rehab. facility.
I am sensitive to your views, so please let me know what you think.
I am so proud of my progress, I guess that's why I wanted to share.  But I will only do it if you want to see.
Much love to you all,
I have missed you guys,
ReNae

5 comments:

Burt and Linda said...

Sure, ReNae! I'm just so happy for you and will be glad to see anything you want to share.
Linda

Patty O'Malley said...

Glad you are progressing well. This is your blog and sort of a record of your thoughts and feelings; so it may be a way to release stress that you may have. Anyone who doesn't want to see it can just skip the post.

Connie L. Riley said...

Hello ReNae. Glad to see you back on the blog! I do not see any problems with you sharing the photos from my perspective; I've seen much worse. For those less fortunate, it might give them hope. For those who are fortunate enough not to have been through what you have, it might make them value their good health a little more. And, as the last post said, it is easy enough to flash past something online you do not wish to view to get to the stuff you do want to read. Let me know if you need anything, rides, etc.

ReNae Allen said...

Well alrighty then! I have received positive remarks both here and in email, so I will post the surgery experience!
Thanks!

Mary said...

I am sure the photos will be of interest to your followers ReNae,I am so pleased you are doing so well.