Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I'm Back with another Technique!

Hi Everyone!
After a few days away from the blog, I'm ready to get back into my routine!
Tomorrow's lesson is going to be making a card with a Hero Arts Stamps, using embossing powder as a resist.  You may have done this technique before, I remember Archiver's did it once in a class they had.
Anyway, one of my bloggers, Samantha Ivy,  has requested that we revisit this so tomorrow's post I will go through the process step-by-step.
You will need the Hero Arts Delicate Leaf Stamp Set, and the Hero Arts Dictionary Greeting stamp set.  For the inside sentiment, I have chosen the Thank You for Being My Friend stamp set, also by Hero Arts.
Have on hand your favorite colors of Distress Inks.  I will be using Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Fired Brick and Broken China.  Maybe even some other combinations too, just to try them out.
You will need watercolor paper for the main image, and Versamark, white embossing powder, a heat gun and a spray bottle of water.  Work on a Ranger Craft mat as we will be mixing colors on it.  You can also use an acrylic block to mix your ink, as shown in the video below.
Select your card stock color to coordinate with the ink colors you choose.  I am choosing the colors pictured.  This VIDEO (click on video) shows a similar technique as the one I will be doing, so please view it and it will help you get an idea of what we are going to be making!

You can select any Distress Inks you wish, to obtain the desired effect.  Since I wanted mine to look like a sunset, I selected colors you would see in a sunset.  (see small sample above)  Use your imagination!
Hope we see you back here Thursday evening, I will post the tutorial around 7 p.m.
Happy Creating!
ReNae

2 comments:

WizardsKat said...

Looking forward to it!!

ReNae Allen said...

Sorry we were so late getting it posted! My neighbor was bitten by a dog, and I ran her to the emergency room! She is doing much better now! :-)