Total Pageviews

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A gift of love from Lotta


Hi Bloggers!
One of the wonderful things about blogging, and paper crafting, is the friends you meet.  Some of the kindest, most generous people I know are paper artists.  Recently I posted my Bridal Plaque on the Graphic 45 website.  Many wonderful comments came my way, and one in particular was from a sweet gal from Blentarp, Sweden--the area known as Skane.  Her name is Lotta.
Lotta with her daughters Fanny and Amy.  Aren't they cute?


We began to correspond, sharing our ideas, and sharing a little bit about ourselves.   After a while, we thought it would be fun to do a "swap".  We would each get some scrapping items and put them in a box and mail them to each other.  Things that we thought probably were not available in each other's countries.  It was a great way to get to know each other too!  So for the next couple of weeks, we gathered up crafting items that we liked, and thought the other would like, packed them up, and prepared to ship them off to the land of our new-found friend.  Mine to Sweden, and hers to America. 


It was such a wonderful experience, packing up the box for Lotta.  I would see something and think, "I wonder if Lotta would like this?" or "I wonder if Lotta would use that?"  I even made videos of going into Michael's and showed her via e-mail what goodies lay within!  It was so much fun!
Finally the box of goodies was ready to mail.  


She mailed her package to me a little bit earlier than I mailed hers.  Feeling guilty,  I taped up her gift  box and hauled it to the post office, cringing when the postman told me the weight.  
It weighed 33 1/2 lbs!  Stunned, I insured it, and sent it off!  It doesn't surprise me that it was so heavy, as I included bottles of Kansas City Barbecue sauces including Gates &  KC Masterpiece!


Well, I just received my gift box from Lotta last Saturday afternoon...
I took it unopened to my favorite store, Ink Paper Rubber, where some of my friends were happily chatting and making Make & Takes.  It was fun opening up Lotta's gift, sharing the joy and laughter with my scrapping buddies!  My friend Manna documented the occasion here on a private YouTube video, which is not listed publicly but can be viewed at this link on You Tube.  Just Click!  (I am happy to share the video with you my dear blog family, and hope you enjoy watching it.)

Here are some still photographs of some of the items she sent:
This lovely wardrobe was packed full of goodies like antique lace and little straw hats!

Lotta embellished her wardrobe with handmade flowers and leaves

The little drawers and doors open and close!


Look how nice it looks on my table!

I love this little wardrobe, it is just adorable!
I am relatively new to paper crafting, this is my 3rd year doing it.  I love to make cards, alter books, take classes, and learn new techniques.  Perhaps the thing I love the most, however, is the camaraderie I  feel with the people who share this interest!  I have never met such talented, supportive people.  I have made so many new friends, good friends about whom I care so much!  ~


And to Lotta:
Your gift of friendship is worth more to me than anything!  I have grown to love you and care deeply about you and your family!  Your sweet e-mails, family photos and lovely paper craft items you send to me mean so much.  I hope one day to meet you in person.  I know it is improbable that each of us will meet, but it is a goal of mine that someday we will have that opportunity.  You are always welcome in my home, and I hope one day you can come to visit me!  I would love to come to see you in Sweden, and hope you can come to America and stay a while!  We have so many craft stores to see! ( LOL!)


So if you have an opportunity to get to know your fellow bloggers, it can be a very enriching experience!  And lots of fun too!


Happy Crafting!
ReNae



1 comment:

Lotta Feldt said...

Ohhh my sweet sweet angel. This was so much fun to read and it took me right back to the time we strated to talk. I am soooo forever grateful to have you in my life. You light it up with your kindness. I am so blessed to have u in my life <3